To our valued patients,
We hope that this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep our patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidelines that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment with us. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you prior to your appointment to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We will have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in other areas of the office to use as needed.
- We will offer masks as you enter the office if you do not have your own. We will ask you to wear the mask until you enter the treatment room and then place the mask on again as you leave the treatment room.
- You will see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- We are asking you to call us upon your arrival, if possible, so that we can reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- We will be taking the temperature of each patient upon arrival, as well as the temperature of our staff members every morning.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 828-799-0900.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends!
Your Mills River Family Dental team